This plugin is no longer active for current versions of BuddyPress.
** IMPORTANT **
This plugin will not be updated for future versions of BuddyPress (1.3) – if you would like to take over this plugin, please contact me.
This plugin will generate a sitemapindex and various component sitemap xml files for search engines: Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index BuddyPress.
With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- This release is compatible with BuddyPress 1.2.1 and WordPress 2.9.2.
This is a early BETA release:
This plug-in does not invoke BP components but rather queries MySQL directly. If you test this plug-in, please use the debug rebuild option which will output logs.
A daily cron to generate the sitemap is set upon activation – you may change this – see FAQ
What to expect:
- no fancy priority
- no options yet besides ping/sitemap location
- limited to 50k urls for each component
You can set all standard urls or if data exists for member subnav urls (member/group member/friends member/profile)
- wp-cron hook
- If write xml file was disabled – sitemapindex was not generated
- Clean up the old UI a little bit
- Added member/url options if they exists
- Fixed up ping logging
- First [BETA] version to try out